Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Helplessness is the best master

It is true.
And what you are saying
And trying to say is more true.

And it is a great chance to me too
To see different truths
At one and same time.

Ayoub,
A friend from my childhood onwards,
You are really my master too
In many ways.

You teach me a lot
Of lessons, most of the masters
Won’t be teaching
Just because of their shyness and hesitation


It is more true that,
For me to hear, any thing from you
Is sweeter than sweet honey.

I never found difference
Between hearing you,
In whatever the tone and mode you may be,
And hearing
Flute of Hariprasad Chourasya
Sarod of Amjad Alikhan
Sitar or Ravishakar
Santoor of Shivkumar Shama
Shahnai of Bismilla Khan
Tabla of Allah Rakha or Zahirhussain,
Etc, etc, etc…..

Ayoub,
I will have to fight with you
Only if I have to fight with me,
Only if I am in conflict in myself.
Only if I am fragmented in myself.
Only if I have to doubt myself.

From you and through you
I happen to know and learn that
Enemy in me would be more dangerous
And threatening,
Who can’t be mostly defeated,
Than the enemy outside,
From whom I can at least hide
Or fight with other’s support.


But what you called "nice poetry"
I did not know it was a "poetry" even.
But it is, at the most, as far as I know,
A write-up.

Understanding and not understanding…
Both are not a crime.
Not a virtue too.

Both are for good
According to the need of time and place.

Not to know, for a child,
What sexual intercourse
Is not a crime.

But a grown-up one
Simply knows
What sexual intercourse is.

I don’t know whether it is
A Crime or virtue….

What we digest easily
Is not digested by little child.
I don’t know
Whether it is crime or not.

The orgasm felt and experienced by a woman
Is not known to man
Be he is her very closest friend or husband.

Helplessness is our best friend
In most of the cases,
At least for me.

And helplessness is the best master
In most of the cases,
At least for me.

With regards,

No comments: